Below you will find a growing list of online tools to help you escalate the overall effectiveness of your resume business.
Do you use and like a tool that we don’t have listed? If so, let us know.
Gender Bias —
Gender-Decoder.Katmatfield.com — are the resumes and cover letters you write gender-biased? A new tool for resume writers to add to their tool belt are gender decoders to better align the content you write.
Gender Bias Calculator — Use this tool to assess the cover and recommendation letters you write for clients.
Writing & Grammar Tools —
A favorite tool for expanding your knowledge to become a better writer is DailyWritingTips. I recommend that you sign up to receive the daily tips email, which will help you improve the quality of the resumes you write for clients.
Use Grammarly as that “second set of eyes” to check content for errors.
CRM Tools —
Keyword Research —
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner
- Keyword Spy
- Google Trends
Competitive Intelligence —
Page Builders —
Video Tools/Software —
- Descript (impressive editing capabilities)
Social Media —
- Google Analytics
Cloud Storage —
- Google Drive
Live Chat —
- Lucky Orange
Conversion Optimization —
Domain Name Valuation —
Project Management —
- Dubsado (**used by several colleagues for scheduling, invoicing, and project/client management)
- WriteSea (another tool preferred by fellow resume writers)
Content / Pic Tools —
- Copyscape — use to protect your content from content scrapers and plagiarists
- CoSchedule — editorial calendar & social media planner/integrates into WordPress & Evernote
- HemingwayApp — content editor; use this tool to boost the quality of your content
- PhotoFeeler – the pictures your clients use on their LinkedIn and social media properties are critical. Use PhotoFeeler to find out what others think of your client’s photos.
Facebook Tools —
Need a catchy slogan for your business?
If so, check out Slogan Slingers. They have created some unique company taglines and may be able to write something creative for you as well.
QR Codes —
I’m not sure there are many resume writing services that have QR codes for their businesses, though I’m throwing in this FREE online tool.
QR codes have been seen on websites, books, and store windows, along with online advertising. Create free QR codes using this tool.
Disclaimer: Some links are affiliate links.